How many cups of coffee are your Mondays'? Mine have to be close to a pot or two! J/K, well maybe not entirely.
I am apart of the wonderful Just Crazy Blessed Team, under Susan Williams! When she released her Florence Card workshop I was just over the moon with the not only the amount of cards (28 - I will get into that later) but the beauty of the layouts of these cards!
Here is her workshop photo:
How Stinkin' Cute are these Shabby Chic cards?!?!
I got super busy really fast and sat down to make these! I couldn't make them SAME! Oh my goodness! So instead of using the Bunch of Love Stamp set and Thin Cuts....I flipped the switch and used my Ornate Blossoms Stamp set and Thin Cuts.
Susan used the wonderful Shin-Han Markers on her Cards...not mimic her work completely...I decided that I was gong to emboss my blossoms in Gold embossing powder! I took our edge distressing tool and completely made these shabby chic by distressing each piece of paper before adhering it down!
When all said and done I used HALF of the Florence paper packet and was able to make 28 cards! SUPER COOL Right! Hmm the question to ask is, do I make 28 more cards (YES YES YES) or Layouts (YES YES YES) the debacle I am in! hehehe.
Here are my results!
I gave each of my thin cuts a little attention by adding 3D Foam tape pieces to each one.
Sequins from the Florence Collection helped these add the right amount of bling. My Sentiments are the 'Short and Sweet" A size stamp set. They were the perfect size for these cards.
Coolest thing ever happen, as I am gearing up for my blog post to show you how excited I was about embossing again... I found this AWESOME video on Close to My Hearts Instagram Account!
Check it out, because it shows you how they took embossing the Ornate Blossoms even further than I did!
Isn't this AWESOME!?!?!?!
Here is what you need to create the DanYell Scraps version of at least 28 cards & to get the Cutting guides for FREE!
- Florence Paper Packet *HALF PACKAGE* (full package $9.95) #X7208B $4.98
- Rose Gold Foil Tape #Z3218 $4.95
- Florence Sequins #Z3213 $3.95
- Poppy Thick Twine #Z3094 $3.95
- (3) pieces of Kraft Cardstock (24 sheet bulk pack $14.50) #Z3175 $1.19
- (28) White Card bases and Envelopes (50 ct. value pack $14.95) #X254 $8.40
Additional Supplies & Tools used from my stash:
- Short & Sweet Stamp Set A1189 $6.95
- Ornate Blossoms Stamp Set D1687 $17.95
- Ornate Blossoms Thin Cuts Z3227 $16.95
- Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder Z2066 $5.95
- White Daisy Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (pigment) Z2163 $8.50
- Archival Black Exlusive Inks Stamp Page 44751 $7.95
- Marvy Uchida LePen Journaling Pen #Z1979 $3.25
- 3-D Foam Tape #Z1151 $5.95
- Acrylic Block(s) appropriate for stamp set used
- Craft Heater Z555 $34.95
- Watercolor Paints Z3132 $11.95
- PaintBrush Set Z3188 $8.95
Shop here---> www.DanYellScraps.Closetomyheart.com
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my version of the florence workshop!
Remember the Florence Collection and ornate blossom collect retire August 31st...if you don't have your hands on these, don't wait!
Have a Happy Scrappy Day