Bridal Shower Invite...with Shower Flower Stamp Set!I am so excited to share with you this invite. Browsing through my Annual Inspirations Idea Book, I found the most adorable invite found on page 40. I just had to scraplift this card. So using my favorite shades of purple, I sat down and whipped this quick invite duplicate out....lets take a look at what supplies I used and a step by step picture tutorial!
- Shower flower stamp set
- Arcylic blocks
- foam tape
- shimmer trim
- Card Stock
- grid ruler
- water base inks
- scrubber pads
- bone folder
- shimmer brush
- journaling pen
- pigment ink (white)
- Gold Embossing powder (not pictured)
Start with the succulents stamped in a whisper ink, then add the small pansy flowers in thistle ink.
Fussy cutting time, the tulips were stamped in a eggplant, using a second generation stamping to achieve the lighter color. The bigger flowers, were stamped in pansy ink. As you can see to give added depth, the center of one flower was fussy cut, while the center of the other was stamped directly on the flower in the eggplant second generation stamping.
Add some 3D foam tape to the bigger flowers.
For the title of the invite, I used white daisy card stock, It's a Shower stamp, and black ink.
The shimmer trim, really gave this some much needed sass.
Layering time...while the invite would serve it's intended purpose as is, the layers give it the sturdiness it needs and gives it the finished look I desired. The 5x7 card stock is the from the whimsy fundamentals collection, and the glacier card stock, is measured at 4.5 x 6.5
Time for some bling!!! I really wanted to tie in the shine from the shimmer trim into the rest of the card. So, using some purple glitter gems from my stash, and the CTMH Shimmer brush, I went to town blinging (that's not a real word, but lets pretend for today) this card out.
Just look at how stunning the flowers are with the added shimmer from the shimmer brush! The purple gems, were a perfect fit to the small background flowers!
The card on the left was my practice run! As with all practice runs, we take note on things we'd do different. While the first run, is just fine as is, I decided to give the second run and upgrade... Here is what I did different with my second run
- Reduced the amount of small background flowers
- Moved gems to the center of the background flowers, from being randomly placed.
- flipped the ink colors on the tulips with the main focus flowers.
- used second generation stamping with the eggplant ink, to give a better flow of like colors.
- Swapped the whisper card stock out for shimmer trim behind the title.
- Moved down the invite information for better placement and flow of the invite.
I really hope you enjoyed today's Shower Flowers stamp show case.
Below you will see a list items I used, please note any purchases made through the links, will help me earn a commission and incentive trips through close to my heart. For that, I thank you.
- Shower Flowers Stamp set of 24. Item C1612
- Acrylic Blocks: 1x1 Y1000, 1x3 Y1002, 2x2 Y1003
- Non-Stick Micro tip scissors Z1836
- Ruler Z1471 (clear 14in grid ruler)
- Clear Shimmer brush Z3293
- Glitter Gems (retired) also use Purple Hearts Z3124
- Sliver Shimmer Trim Z1799 (8 colors to choose from)
- INKS: Eggplant Z2847, Pansy Z2804, Thistle Z2840 Black Z2805
- Card Stock: White Daisy 1385, Glaicer 1292, Thistle Whimsy Fundamental Z3255
- Stamp scrubber Z1782
- Wishes How to pattern book for the invite pattern 9041
- Card base/Envelopes (50 of each) Value pack X254