Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!
For this hop we will be featuring the letter C.
I am going to focus on Cards.
- Using my left over scraps from the Hello Lovely paper collection, I cut various B&T and card-stock pieces down to 1.25 x 1.25 in.
- In a random fashion I adhered the squares to a base layer of 3.75 x 5. This base layer can be any color since it is cute to fit your squares exactly.
- Next I added some Whisper Twine, and added just a quick bow. To achieve the feathered look for my "bow", after I create the knot, I used a thumb tack to separate the fibers.
- I added 4 stripes of 3D foam tape to the back of my base.
- I adhered this to a 4 x 5.25 Whisper Card-stock, framing in my patchwork.
- Clear shimmer pen was used to highlight the Easter Basket and the flowers on the B&T square in the upper right.
- Taking the entire ensemble, I adhered this to a White Daisy Card base.
Next I have a herringbone Card:
- You will need zip strips from the B&T paper, card stock & B&T cut into random stripes, you can keep with the same same width for all your strips, or go random. I went random so I could use up what I had with out a lot of extra work.
- I cover my base (4 x 5.25) with dry adhesive - tom bow, ATG Gun, I really like using my large Xyron machine for this project.
- The first strip should be about 8 in long (any shorter and this won't work) It should go from one corner to the next corner.
- Pick a side, and a strip about half way, and it should extend from the middle strip and off your page.
- Turning your base around do the same to the opposite side, only you want to off set it so you don't have an X, but still end up with 4 triangles.
- Pick a triangle and adhere your strips against the middle strip and aligned evenly with your side strip until your triangle is filled.
- Move to the next triangle, adhering your strips in the opposite direction of your previous triangle. Repeat until all 4 triangles are filled.
- You can now add your sentiment, or in my case I added a beautiful flower sticker from the Hello Lovely compliment sheet with a small sentiment cut from the zip strips of the B&T paper. Smoothered in clear shimmer pen. :)
A list of supplies used to create these cute cards:
These are two of my favorite ways to make cards - for more details or a visual on the herringbone card, please check out my quick video below:
I really enjoyed making these cards, and I am so happy you stopped by to see my creations! Please leave a comment below, I love to read your feedback on my creations!